Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day

This year for Mother's Day, we didn't get a photo till everybody was not their best anymore, but these will do anyway.  Most are hilarious to me, and even tho they aren't perfect- I love the silliness.  Hard to get 3 little people to cooperate for a photo!  =)

Levi looks completely stoned, and Breanna is dancing or something.
Breanna is inspecing my hair, Andy is picking his nose.
Hmmmm....
Andy is DONE, Breanna is getting bored.
And, yes, there are a LOT of fingerprints on the window.
Breanna is quite taken up with the calendar, I found this Sunday morning.
I mentioned in converstaion a week or so ago, that I'd seen this neat quilting magazine/paperback at the grocery store; but was exclaiming that it was $12.99!  For basically a magazine?  I was mostly annoyed because I really wanted it, but was too cheap to pay that.  And Tyler remembered.
To give it credit, it is actually a paperback book, and has lots of great ideas!  I'm thinking of using most the patterns for scrap-reducing quilts.  I also realized that this has over 20 different patterns, with variation ideas, and a single pattern at the quilt store is $8.50 or more.  I've gone through it quite a few times already, planning the next quilts.

He was also sweet and brought me my favorite kind of cookie.  They are all gone already, and I rescued the bag from the trash-can for the photo, hence the wet side.
He also brought home a Chicken Garlic pizza from Papa Murphy's Pizza (since the boys were coughing up their lungs & had non-stop nose goop-age), and we used paper plates to eliminate dishes.

Half way through the day Levi stopped and said "Mom,...... do you know that I love you?"  While Andy was having a nap, Levi and I got to play Blockus Duo.  It's always nice to have some one-on-one time with each of the kids!

All in all it was a very enjoyable day, and I am so thankful for the wonderful family I get to be a part of.  We couldn't go spend the day with my mom since Tyler has irrigating morning & evening (and my folks were with my brother in Burns), but it's nice to know she's so much closer now.  So glad there are so many good mothers out there, don't know where I'd be without mine!

7 comments:

Anna said...

Those.dumb.cookies.are.killing.ME! haha no seriously! Target has had them on the end of an isle on sale for about a month and a half! And since I basically live at target between doing sheila's shopping there and mine... And being a sucker for good deals... And also loving those cookies....and walking right by them without even going down the cookie isle which is easier to avoid... You get the picture... It's just not good! I say no the first 5 times I walk by them, and then by the time I head to the checkout I end up caving. Then I proceed to eat a lot of them on the way home... Yeah... I'm done :) happy mothers day- we made a card for braedens mom with his foot print and handprint as flowers ... It was adorable. -Anna

Anonymous said...

Haha... K... So... Last comment it would only let me post from my phone as anonymous profile... This time that didn't work so I tried name/URL and typed my blog address... And it worked... Officially not a fan of technology! :) forgot to say I laughed at your kids being, well, kids! and the fatal attempts at taking a picture- much better than a perfect picture anyways :)

Evan and Clover and Co. said...

Those are such great photos of you with the kids-- you'll be laughing at them for the next 50 years! :-) Glad you had a good day!

Rebekah said...

Awww, the simple joys in life are indeed best! And how awesome is that that Tyler remembered what you had been wanting!! :)

Shay said...

Your kids are just keeping it real with those pics. I have a million of them too with Miss P making silly faces throughout childhood. Theyre my favourite photos.

Glad you had a terrific Mother's Day. Your Tyler is a keeper.

Sue said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day and that you got just what you wanted. You will enjoy those memories and the pictures for a life time. It sounds like you are going to make good use out of your new quilt magazine.

Bethaney said...

hahaha! Love those pictures!