Just finished another fun project, and it turned out much different than I originally intended... but I like it! I had so much fun using the pink scraps for the baby quilt, that I thought it might be fun to try something similar. While looking for white scraps, I found a bunch of 1 1/4 inch strips leftover from something, and I also had quite a few of the pink 1 1/2 inch strips left from the quilt. I thought it might be fun to use narrower white strips, maybe make the pink stand out more. Only problem was, they didn't turn out square....
I lined them up at the center anyway, and cut the block to square and added some more white.
At this point Tyler said, too bad you already covered that pillow! Originally I planned to do 4 blocks into one, each of a different color, for a bed quilt. (One block of 4 in red, one in oranges, one in yellows, one of greens, one of blues, etc...) But when I came to the "un-square" issue I began thinking what else I could do with it instead! Added some borders:
I decided to make it into a bag to match the baby quilt. I added some fabric and batting, and quilted it for thickness.
I decided maybe I could use this for myself, I love it!!
I also quilted the quilt, and finished the binding. Instead of batting I used an extra layer of flannel, it's a lighter but very soft weight (the recipient doesn't live in Alaska!).
And the back is flannel too.
The quilting on this one turned out really well, and it was fun!
There are flowers, leaves, hearts, and lots of echo stitching.
Tied up with a leftover strip.
And they match.
These were so much fun to make, and I love the results!
And yes, I do sew really fast. Since we're on a tight budget right now and it's safer to stay home, the kids and I have lots of free time. Now if I could just stay off the computer.....