Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Disappearing Nine Patch

I've seen a pattern in various blogs, and have been wanting to try it for a few months. It's called the Disappearing Nine Patch, and looked like it would be very fast and easy. Sure enough, and I like the results! This was a Christmas Table Runner I made for the bazaar, and it turned out 25" x 54".

You start with a basic nine-patch block, and then cut it into 4 equal sections. Then you rotate two corner squares two turns, and sew the block back together. After making several blocks, sew them all together and add a border. This is the result:


A little closer.
For the backing I used a white-on-white with various sizes of circles, to resemble snowflakes.

And this is the little boy that's usually quite cooperative while I sew.

He's kindof skinny... =)


No comments: