Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Another DNP, with Minkie backing

After the success with the last Disappearing Nine Patch, I decided to try another!




Ok, so this post looks kindof wierd, something happened when I was uploading photos, and things are coming up in crazy spots, so bear with me.

I wasn't as impressed with how this one turned out, mostly because there was only one dark fabric (brown) so it doesn't look as random.




I was planning on making two of these identical, one for Andy and one for my nephew Gilbert (the boys were born 5 days apart!). However, I didn't have quite enough minkie for backing; so maybe I'll make a small snuggle blankie for Andy.




The kids love the little monkeys on here.
By the way, this was my first try at minkie for backing, and it was a bit of a challenge because it's stretchy! It's so soft, though, which is nice for babies. I have two quilts to quilt for a friend, and she wants minkie on the back, so I really wanted to try it out first on my own. She said to not worry about it and learn something new, but I wanted to make sure it was possible without making a mess. So, Bethaney, I hope you don't mind Gilbert getting the "practice" one! =)

No comments: