I have been enjoying the Baby Go! cutter for doing tumbler blocks.
First, I made this table-runner for Mom.
I like the wavy look of not squaring up the blocks.
For quilting, though, it was simpler to leave the back a rectangle, and also gave it stability while sewing.
The binding was a little tricky, but I did similar to how I do scallops.
I got these fabrics to go together, intending to maybe do a baby quilt.
Cut out lots of tumblers.
I added some pinks in too, since they gave it more variety. I was also starting to think this would be perfect for Breanna's bed...
I put them in order on the back of a vinyl tablecloth; it's flannel so the pieces stick when you need to move it.
Decided it needed even more blocks, so now used the rotary to get as many as possible from every piece. I used the others as patterns, but I really don't know why they didn't make the template more like this picture. It would save fabric!
All sewn together, 500 blocks!!
Breanna holding it up for a photo.
More little helpers.
Originally had purchased the big dots to use for backing on the baby quilt.
Now it's going to be a border.
She really likes it, and wanted me to take a picture to prove it. ;)
Used some of the leftovers for a coordinating pillow.
For quilting on the blocks, I had to use my regular sewing machine to follow the seams with straight lines. What a chore! Was very glad that most of the time I can just put it on the quilting machine.
Wavy lines in the center kindof look like water, with "rocks" around the edges.
Binding finished this morning, it's all done!
I fussy-cut some horses for a few blocks.
Went over to the park to take photos.....
But the wind was not cooperating.
On the bed, I think she'll be excited when she comes home from school today!
She told me this looked sortof like a little cowgirl to her. ;)
Sweet little boots she used to wear.
I used polyester batting on this one; mostly to make it warmer, but the puffy look is fun.
Last week I painted her dresser pink, but the new nobs aren't done yet, so you'll have to excuse the peach ones. It's such an improvement from before!
A picture I found from when I was working on it, of a sweet little helper.
Now I'm thinking of making something with bigger tumbler blocks; but need to do them with the rotary cutter, since I don't have the big cutter or large tumbler die.
But for now, housework!