Tuesday, March 13, 2012

First Day Walking

This morning was the first day of my walking goal this year.  The boys and I made it 1 1/2 miles; Levi on his bike, Andy in the stroller, and me- walking/jogging.  The neighbor is really helping to motivate me, I saw her going to walk yesterday when the wind was sustained 40MPH with higher gusts!  I was wowed that she was going out on a day like that, but she told me "If I don't go today because of the wind, it will be easier to not go tomorrow".  So, I set off this morning also- with much less windy conditions, luckily.  It was quite cold, but it's so nice to have a huge park right across the street; that has a nice walking trail!  So no excuses, it's going to happen.  And what a way to start the day!  :)  My long-term goal is to not only get in better shape, but also loose the excess 50 pounds I've somehow acquired.  Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Good start. I found out from my PT that walking is the worst thing I can do for my knees. She thought a stationary bike would be better. I just might have to look into getting one. I try to do as much walking as my knees will take but there are times I wish I had not pushed so hard. I hope the wind will be a little better each day.

Verity Earl said...

I wish you could have been here! It was above 70 and the sun was shining. I went for a nice long walk. :)

Shay said...

Way to go on making a start! It'll get easier with each passing day.