Thursday, April 14, 2011

Plaid Shirt Quilt

Yesterday I ironed & cut the shirts that I'd disassembled a couple months ago.
Started out with 7 1/2 inch squares.
Then in half for triangles.  I'm thinking a zig-zag quilt again, but with a different type of block/technique.  Before I used strips.
This shirt matched nicely, but when ironing it the fabric was terrible- so going scrap/stash-digging when I work on this again.
All the "leftovers", possibly borders, or another small quilt.  Think I need a few more fabrics, there are 10 shirts so far.


3 comments:

KatieB said...

Can't wait to see it!

Shay said...

I love the idea of using old shirts to make a quilt. Im positive Im going to love this when you start putting it otgether and will start haunting my local op shops for shirts!

Sue said...

I love your many projects and how you are so willing to share those thoughts and ideas with others. Also love following your children as they grow and what wonderful memories they will have.