Friday, January 29, 2010

Reason for a happy dance!!

When we completely stripped the house out (it had been smoked in for 25+ years), we took out the ugly stair-rail and it's never been replaced.  This is what we've looked at for almost a year.
And though it meant Daddy gone many evenings using a borrowed shop to do this, we now get to look at this!!  I'm thinking photo-ops for quilts and aprons and such, and also a place to connect the safety-gate for when Andy begins crawling! There's a little cosmetic work to finish, but it's very sturdy.
Levi's happy to show any visitors the new addition that he 'helped' Daddy install.  I think it's beautiful!
Today was once again not a sewing day, we invited 'Grandma' Jeanie over for lunch and the afternoon and it was wonderful.  The kids got creative with the Lincoln Logs, though....... they made a fire to roast marshmallows!!  Ha ha!

3 comments:

Evan and Clover and Co. said...

Marshmallow roasting cuties! I'm impressed with the stair railing. For some reason, when Tyler told me what he was working on, I was thinking just a railing attached to the wall that you hold on while you walk downstairs. Didn't know he was getting all crafty! :-) Looks great, enjoy!

Shay said...

Mr. Calico's is one talented husband! The Stair railing looks lovely. I wish I had a house with stairs.

I'm about to start finishing some of our unfinished stuff round here too.

Becky Gonce said...

Wow! Levi sure looks grown up in these pictures! and Beautiful railing.. send him my way! I need one! =-)