I've kept up on my "finishing projects" goal, and this is one of the more exciting accomplishments to me. It's a twin-size quilt made mostly of stash and scraps.
And adding lots of coordinating prints. The top is all scraps, leftovers, and other small pieces; but I put it with a white sheet to make it go further. My first intention was a quilt for my mother-in-law, but it turned out nowhere big enough for a king-size bed. I did buy backing (flannel), which doesn't hold up quite as well but is soooo soft!
When I got to the binding stage, the navy blue that I intended to use was not quite enough. I figured it would be close, so put small scraps in between each strip; but still needed a strip about 2.5" x 25". Normally this wouldn't be much of an issue (since I bought this fabric more recently than most of them), but I live an hour from the fabric store!
I happened to go into a small variety store in town that Tyler mentioned had some sewing notions, only to find that they also have a bin of Fat Quarters, and amazingly enough- one that was exactly the same as one of the fabrics in the quilt! I still can hardly belive it... that fabric was given to me close to 10 years ago. It is a blender piece, so maybe they just keep printing it over and over? In any case, it worked perfectly. The binding is definately pieced, but I love the look.
I love these colors!
For the quilting I just did stippling because I wanted lots of texture.
I washed it for the crinkly efect. I pre-shrunk the flannel, and most of the front pieces had already been shrunk. The Warm & White batting definately shrinks, tho; it went from 66.5 x 89.5, to 64 x 85.5inches.
Soon it will be off to a good friend in Alaska.
Grandma Maryn gave us a piano! Daddy wants to learn to play, Mommy knows a little, and we're all very excited.
Grandpa Jon giving rides on the piano dolly.
And there's a girl in the house that's learning to use rollerblades!
Hope your week is off to a great start!