Wednesday, December 8, 2010

We're not on the trip anymore...

Kylee kindly let me know yesterday that I haven't even told my blog that I'm not on the trip anymore.  Oh my, the thought of still driving that bus after this many weeks.... I don't even want to think about that!  One side of my back is still all knotted up from sitting for a week, turned sideways to see out the front as we drove. It's so nice to be able to go to sleep in your own cozy bed every night, and move about the house.  After weeks of packing and finishing the house we left, then a week on the road, it felt soooooo good to be "home" and get back to normal life. 

So yes, we are now moved to Oregon; and we are loving it!  Talking to friends back in Alaska I almost feel like I'm cheating, not dealing with rediculous weather.  We are getting winter here, but it's amazing..... the snow comes for a few days, then goes away!  So strange it seems, last winter it got cold and snowy.... then  colder and more snowy.... from about October till April.  I hear they start planting crops in February here, so that tells me this is going to be a different story.  And supposedly it doesn't get above about 90 or 95 degrees in the summer, so I can handle this!  Another strange thing, is that down here it gets light in the morning about the time you are supposed to get up, not 3 hours later.  Amazing.  I do love Alaska, but I certainly don't miss the weather.

We are also really enjoying being closer to family, the past 3 days we saw Kylee & Kiera & Doug right here at our house!  The cousins got to play together so much, and aunty Anna sent them all matching jammies, so we got some fun photos.
These two are very close.  Breanna was wishing she could have missed some school while she was here.
One of the downers of moving, is all the special friends we left behind.  There are some wonderful people down here too, but we still miss our northern friends.




But I'm sure glad we got to bring these kiddos along! 
This was when we were shopping for a "moving" vehicle, they were impressed with aunt Lindsey's "window in the roof".

And yes I have been sewing; that actually is the problem.  You see, so many things have been going on, that when I get a spare moment I feel like sewing, not blogging.  And of course, it's quite inspiring to blog when people are leaving comments.  Then I know they are actually reading this!  =)  I'll get some of my sewing projects on soon (I promise), but right now Andy is sleeping and in a little while I need to get Breanna from school, so on to some sewing!

7 comments:

Kylee said...

Thank for the update!!!!

Evan and Clover and Co. said...

Glad you're happy in your new place! Can't wait until we can take lots of pictures of all the cousins back here together with your kids!

Shay said...

I was thinking of you last week and wondering whether Oregon had eaten you alive. My friend Liz is heading to Oregon on holiday next Monday for three weeks.

Anyway , so glad to hear from you. Its sounds like you're settling in and are enjoying this new life of yours!

Shay said...

PS Love the blog makeover!

Sarah said...

Like the matching pajamas!! Very cute! Kids are getting SO big!!

Sue said...

I am so glad to get a little update on you and your family. I am sure moving has been a 'real' hard job, but so nice that it is behind you. Now comes the work of getting all settled into the new home and new routine. So glad you are close to family and know the cousins will love being that close. Keep up the sewing but love to read your blog.

Anonymous said...

Please don't have a heart attack because I am responding to your fun blog!! We are very glad you are closer. I also so glad the cousins can have fun together. Grandma Hilton would have said "Don't forget to get your house work done." Love, Mom