Friday, December 10, 2010

Crafty Stuff

Here are a few of the projects I've finished since moving. 
Today Lois is watching the boys while I have a "mommy day", so I'm going to get sewing while I have the chance!  She offered to watch them while I went shopping in Bend, but I decided rather than taking two hours of that time just driving, I'd stay home and sew.
This little tote is for my cousin Tami, who requested it after she completely wore the previous one I made her to shreds.  What better compliment is there than that, someone loving what you made them so much, they wore it out and need another?!
And this little apron I made similar to one Tami's mom made for Mom, only I shrunk it down to Breanna's size for her birthday.
And even smaller for her dolly to match, I just wish there was enough fabric for me one to match!  This tiny one is so cute, and I decided next time I'm going to make the bigger one with a gathered waist also.  It just looks more flattering.
Mom got this mirror from a garage sale quite awhile ago, it was sitting in the basement to someday be painted white.  Breanna loves purple, so I just cleaned the cobwebs off and left it that way!
She loves butterflies, and I had these little ones from shower-curtain-hooks in our bathroom in Alaska.  We only have one shower and it has a glass door, so I pulled the hooks out of the back and glued them on.  I also included a couple larger white butterflies Kristy gave me awhile back.
She loved the result, and it looks cute in her bedroom!
We also needed a dresser, so Mom gave me an extra she had that really needed refinished.  I wish I'd taken a picture before Dad started sanding and painting it, but I'll just say it was pretty bad.  Kindof a yellowish color, and someone had etched flowers and initials all over.  It's in our bedroom now, and I absolutely love it.
Tyler also made a coat-rack from an old piece of barn-wood and some hooks he painted black.  This house has lots of closets, but we needed something for the kids to be able to reach for their coats.  I'm feeling quite spoiled all the neat things popping up around here! 
Tyler also helped me set up the quilting machine table, and put the machine back together; and it works!
Hope to have lots of fun things finished by the end of the day, but that means I'd better get off the computer.  Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Alma said...

I love your little tote. Is there a pattern for it or could you do a tutorial some day when you have time?

Shay said...

You've ceratinly been busy Lisa.

I love how the mirror turned out .What little girl wouldnt love that !

Th aprons and tote are so cute.I think it's a huge compliment that the recipient wore out the first one.

Have a fun Mommy Day!

Twila said...

Tote - I'll take a pattern, tutorial whatever!!! I'm SOOO Sad I can't sew with you! Maybe next week if we come before we leave... BUT, maybe I'll see you guys in Burns?

Blog - I check often, but as you wrote, you don't post much! ;-)

Sarah said...

WOW!! I LOVE the bag!! It is SOOOOOO cute!!!! The mirror is very cute also!!!

Sue said...

You are one busy Mom. So glad that you are so handy and can make wonderful new things from old and worn out cast offs.