Friday, June 18, 2010

More garments, and a challenge!

Here are some more of the clothes I've been working on: a ruffled skirt from Moda's Strawberry Lemonade fabrics
And a peasant top from another Moda print
Turned a pair of corduroy Levi's into a skirt:
And the back: you cut the legs off, open up the inseams, and sew them back together with some of the bottom-of-the-leg fabric.  I used to do a lot of these, but haven't in years!  I figured it was a much quicker way to make a skirt.
And a skirt for miss B, I made one for myself to match (she'd like to match me every day, and I'm told it may not last long- so I'm enjoying it).  I went back to get some trim for the bottom of mine, tho, and it's sold out! 
My mother-in-law sent me this awesome book by Kaffe Fassett, and I've been enjoying it immensely!!  I haven't had time to start another quilt (or I should say there were more pressing things), but then I read over here about a striped quilt challenge, and decided to join!  I'll be digging thru my scraps and stash for stripes soon. 
We're planning to put the new windows into the front of the house, which means I have to get my sewing room cleaned up for multiple men to be doing carpentry- and it is total chaos.  So maybe I'll be choosing fabrics next week..... plus then it will be so organized that it will be fun!  =)

1 comment:

Shay said...

Lisa,
is that book any good for a semi newbie quilter like me. I saw it online recently and almost bought it but then chickened out.

Love Miss B's new skirt and top.